We are looking for an outstanding Java Developer. The successful candidate will have strong technical ability, a high level of personal organization, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results.
You will be involved in developing new features for existing in-house tools to support users in projects in domains such as aerospace, finance and scientific. You will be highly pragmatic, yet strongly focussed on delivering quality software able to meet the requirements. Additionally, you will assist in the creation of associated user documentation as required. The role will involve close collaboration with the existing developers in a small and growing state of the art SME.
Depending upon experience.
Target Shortlisting: TBC
Target Interviews: TBC
Starting date: ASAP
This post is a permanent position.
- Object-Oriented development
- A degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and team orientation.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- Good understanding of a broad range of algorithms and data structures.
- AJAX, JQuery
- Fluency in software testing tools e.g. JUnit, jMock, Selenium
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience of developing Web Services/SOA.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing multi-tiered software systems in Java
- Knowledge of latest coding trends and methods.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Experience of or interest in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Indexing or Semantic Web technologies.