This position is now closed.
A skilled Java developer is needed to work on an innovative solution to facilitate decision-making using large-scale financial records enhanced by Linked Data. The role requires a clear knowledge of Java, Linked Data and relational technologies. Candidates must also demonstrate clear abilities to work with both external parties and the in-house development team in a dynamic and growing state of the art SME.
£33-37K depending upon experience.
First Closing: 11/04/2011
Second Opening: 29/04/2011
Second Closing: TBC
Starting date: ASAP
This is a permanent post. Future potential is expected.
- Strong java programming skills, (proven experience and track record)
- Proven working knowledge of XML, SQL and industrial relational stores.
- Knowledge of semantic technologies such as (but not limited to); RDF, SPARQL and connections to Linked Data or open sematic data stores.
- Proven track record of ability to quickly adapt to new and cutting edge technology.
- Degree or above (or equivalent) qualification on Computer Science or a related subject.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning technology.
- Working knowledge of targeted data acquisition or indexing.
- Past experience on collaborative research projects.
- Working experience with information visualisation.
- Proven track record of development of complex applications for financial, retail, engineering or scientific domains.