We are looking for an outstanding Java Developer. The successful candidate will have strong technical ability, experience of developing customer interfaces, a high level of personal organization, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results.
You will be involved in developing new features for existing in house tools to support users in the aerospace industry. You will be highly pragmatic, yet strongly focussed on delivering quality software able to meet the requirements. Additionally, you will assist in the creation of associated user documentation as required. The role will involve close collaboration with the existing developers in a small and growing state of the art SME.
Approximately ~£33K depending upon experience.
Starting date: ASAP
- Object-Oriented development
- Good understanding of a broad range of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- A degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industrial experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and team orientation.
- AJAX, JQuery
- Fluency in software testing tools e.g. JUnit, jMock, Selenium
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience of developing Web Services/SOA.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing multi-tiered software systems in Java
- Knowledge of latest coding trends and methods.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of industrial search systems such as MS FAST (FSIA).
- Basic Knowledge of VBA scripting in MS Office applications.
- Experience of or interest in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Indexing or Semantic Web technologies.